How To SuperCharge Your Body & Mind w/ Ryan Munsey
Greetings, SuperFriends, and welcome to today’s show.
This week we are joined by Ryan Munsey, a former athlete turned bestselling author. Ryan started his career with a degree in dietetics, and along the way, worked as a personal trainer, a nutritionist, and even a fitness model.
Today, however, in addition to writing, he hosts The Optimal Performance Podcast, runs the House of Strength training facility in Roanoke, Virginia, AND, on top of all of that, serves as the Chief Optimizer of Natural Stacks, a supplement and nootropic company.
He’s been featured in Men’s Fitness, CBS, FOX, ESPN Radio, and many more.
Ryan and I really hit it off during the episode, and you can definitely tell that we’re cut from the same cloth. The episode runs the gamut – from nootropics, to diet and nutrition, to supplementation, and more. A lot of the things Ryan shared, I had never even heard about before, and I found myself learning a lot more than even I expected. I can confidently say that after hearing this episode, you’ll have a much better grasp on how to boost your mental and physical performance.
By the way, there’s no official sponsor for this episode, because in our post-episode de-brief, Ryan was kind enough to offer us a special discount code for listeners of this podcast. To take advantage of that discount – and to help us pay for the expenses associated with producing this episode, simply visit https://jle.vi/naturalstacks and use the coupon code superhuman at checkout – or click the link in the blog post at becomingasuperhuman.com.
And now, without further adieu, let me present to you, Ryan Munsey.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Ryan Munsey, and how did he get to where he is today?
- How and why Ryan became disenchanted and distrustful of the nutrition industry
- What was Ryan’s life like as a model in New York City, and why did he leave it?
- What is the diet framework that Ryan subscribes to and recommends to his clients?
- Is it worthwhile training to maintain extremely lean body fat / having ripped abs?
- The 6-axes of abdominal movement, and why most people train their abs improperly
- Why insulin is so important for improving and manipulating your body’s performance
- Which supplements does Ryan Munsey personally take?
- What is CILTEP, why’s it effective, and why doesn’t it have any stimulants or chemicals in it?
- Magnesium L-threanate: why and how it’s the only magnesium that benefits the brain
- Why not all types of magnesium are created equally
- What are some of the best performance hacks that Ryan Munsey has discovered through his podcast?
- How can you determine what your natural brain chemistry leans towards?
- An explanation of dopamine, serotonin, acetyl-choline, and GABA
- What are 2 or 3 things that Ryan Munsey suggests you do THIS WEEK to improve your performance?
- What is the Pomodoro Method and how does it work?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Natural Stacks
- The Optimal Performance Podcast
- Abs for Athletes by Ryan Munsey
- The Nutrition Blueprint by Ryan Munsey
- Our previous conversation with Brad Pilon
- Bulletproof coffee
- Our previous episode with Jimmy Moore
- Longecity forums
- Mark Sisson
- Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
- The Braverman Test
- The Edge Effect by Eric Braverman
- Alpha GPC
- The Pomodoro Method
- Natural Stacks: Instagram / Twitter
- Ryan Munsey: Instagram / Twitter