Kris Carr: These Simple Lifestyle Adjustments Can Help You Overcome Anything – Even Cancer
Greetings, superfriends, and welcome to this week’s show!
Our guest today is the #1 New York Times Bestselling author behind Crazy Sexy Diet and Crazy Sexy Kitchen. You also may know her from the documentary Crazy Sexy Cancer, which documents her battle with cancer, and ability to thrive despite it.
In total, she’s authored four books, inspired hundreds of thousands with her blog, and been on just about every TV show you can imagine. She’s even garnered attention from such greats as Oprah Winfrey – amazing!
You guys, this episode is flat out AWESOME… I went into it expecting to talk a bit about nutrition, and to be honest, I was completely blind sighted by how much wisdom, kindness, and inspiration she had to share. At some point, you’ll hear that I was just about at the outer limits of my interview skills, just struggling to juggle all of the incredible life lessons that Kris was sharing… It was seriously THAT good.
In the episode, we talk about health and nutrition and juicing and fighting cancer… but we also talk about self esteem, self love, self talk, meditation, daily habits, and even entrepreneurship. As I said, Kris is such an incredible fountain of inspiration… I know this episode is going to blow you guys away.
So without any further adieu, let me introduce you to Ms. Kris Carr.
In this episode with Kris Carr, we discuss:
- Kris Carr’s journey to where she is today
- How Kris has learned to live with a rare and incurable form of cancer for 13 years
- The origins of Kris’ incredibly successful brand
- Kris Carr’ struggles and misconceptions about nutrition, and how she confronted them
- Kris’ guidance on diet: low fat, high fat, vegan, or paleo?
- Meditation, attitude, and outlook as one of the most powerful healers, emotionally and physically
- What causes people to lose their confidence and self esteem, and how can they bounce back?
- Moving away from big cities, and why it can be so beneficial
- Important daily habits and practices Kris lives by every day
- Some awesome ways you can hack motivation and give yourself a burst of energy
- What is Kris not good at?
- Thoughts on body shaming and how to help people (and ourselves) turn our health around
- Kris’ tips for making it easy and convenient to eat healthy
- A great green juice recipe that you can try today
- The differences between “juicing” vs. smoothies
- What books has Kris most recommended?
- What’s the most impactful $100 Kris has spent recently?
- A special homework assignment from Kris that you can do this week
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Kris Carr’s many successful books:
- Gerson Therapy (a controversial cancer treatment)
- Our previous episode with Erwan Le Corre
- Our previous episode with Abel James
- Our previous episode with Chris Bailey
- The idea of Pomodoro Time
- Our article on “Dear Fat People”
- Rhonda Rousey’s new book, My Fight, Your Fight
- Our previous episode with Adi Rotem
- Kris’ Website, KrisCarr.com